WHO CAN ORGANIZE A COURSE?
Courses are organized by Local Organizing Committees (LOCs), using the core Osteoporosis Essentials Course material.
How to organize a course?
- Click on the “ORGANIZE A COURSE” button and to fill in the application form and accept the LOC Agreement (we recommend submission at least six weeks prior to the course).
- Upon completion of your registration, you will have access to your personal “Course Management” page.
- After approval of the LOC agreement by IOF and ISCD and completion of the payment, you will have access the course material (slides and syllabus) and course promotional material (banners and course logo).
- Following which, the course will be listed in the “Upcoming Courses” section and available for participants to sign up.
You will need to pay a fee for each course held. Payments must be made prior to obtaining the course material or offering the course via Credit Card or Bank Transfer. An offering is considered as one date/session. If both courses (Clinician and Technologist) are offered at the same time, only one fee applies and only one LOC agreement form should be submitted to the course administrator.
Not-For-Profit LOC Pricing
(to be paid by course organizer to IOF/ISCD)
(paid by the course participants to the course organizer)
|800 USD (USD 600 for additional OE in the year)||Amount to be determined by the course organizer, including 50 USD to be deducted from the registration fee to pay for the mandatory exam|
|20% of the registration fees income to be paid to IOF/ISCD|
- 800 USD (USD 600 for additional course in the year) to be paid to IOF/ISCD
- 20% of the registration fees income to be paid to IOF/ISCD
- The registration fee is to be fixed by the course organizer (LOC)
- 50 USD will be deducted from the registration fee to pay for the mandatory exam
- The participant pays directly via the online OE course platform
Pricing: please contact us
COURSE FACULTY SELECTION
The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) selects the course faculty and has the responsibility to assure that the faculty selected is knowledgeable of the course and of the concepts being taught. When selecting the faculty, please consider the following:
- Knowledge of the field and the course material
- Understanding of the Official Positions of both the IOF and ISCD
- IOF and/or ISCD Membership (either IOF or ISCD member or IOF member of CNS, CSA, or Board)
- Appropriate academic credentials
The review process will depend on whether the LOC is a not-for-profit or for-profit organization:
Faculty appointed by the LOC must be approved by a member of one of the following groups: the ISCD Education Council, one of the ISCD Regional Panels, the IOF Committee of Scientific Advisors, or the IOF Regional Advisory Committee.
A form with the Faculty selected by the LOC along with the name of the person who approved the Faculty members, must be submitted to the course administrator six weeks prior to the course.
The Faculty selected by the LOC must be submitted for approval to the course administrator six weeks prior to the course. The LOC should allow 10 business days for the faculty approval.